Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphones Not Working Covered by Warranty or Apple Care?

I bought a SE2 phone that came with wired headphones in February. Now the microphone is not working on the headphones. Are the headphones covered under the 1 year warranty or Apple Care?

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 1:32 PM

DitsyDaisy wrote:

I bought a SE2 phone that came with wired headphones in February.

From the iPhone SE (2nd generation) tech specs:

So there were no EarPods included with this iPhone SE. Any “wired headphones” must therefore have been an adjunct purchase that happened to occur when you purchased the iPhone.

Anyway, if you’re talking about an Apple product, it would be warranted for one year from its original purchase date against manufacturing defects.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2021 1:32 PM in response to DitsyDaisy

DitsyDaisy wrote:

I bought a SE2 phone that came with wired headphones in February.

From the iPhone SE (2nd generation) tech specs:

So there were no EarPods included with this iPhone SE. Any “wired headphones” must therefore have been an adjunct purchase that happened to occur when you purchased the iPhone.

Anyway, if you’re talking about an Apple product, it would be warranted for one year from its original purchase date against manufacturing defects.

Headphones Not Working Covered by Warranty or Apple Care?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.