Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

removal of iphone from icloud account

I have a broken phone which needs to be erased from my icloud account; I have followed the process and I get the message saying it will be properly deleted when the phone connects to the internet again - however it is in pieces and unable to even switch it on - are there other ways I can get it deleted from my icloud account?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 3:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 7:01 AM

The Apple ID say example1@icloud.com exists on server and you know the password and its account credentials , however that is signed in the device iPhone .

Yet it is verified in the account , visit your cellular service centre with personal identification proofs .

Issue a sim on behalf of the same number and insert the sim Set up cellular service on iPhone - Apple Support

In a new iPhone that is purchased Turn on and set up iPhone - Apple Support

The Apple ID and password is active .

You have to set up new iPhone Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Set up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support 

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

And then remove the device from iCloud.com see the article Remove a device from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Note : your old device is broken , might the sim also get damaged , but the Apple ID account is active on the server .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 7:01 AM in response to RobTamz

The Apple ID say example1@icloud.com exists on server and you know the password and its account credentials , however that is signed in the device iPhone .

Yet it is verified in the account , visit your cellular service centre with personal identification proofs .

Issue a sim on behalf of the same number and insert the sim Set up cellular service on iPhone - Apple Support

In a new iPhone that is purchased Turn on and set up iPhone - Apple Support

The Apple ID and password is active .

You have to set up new iPhone Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Set up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support 

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

And then remove the device from iCloud.com see the article Remove a device from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Note : your old device is broken , might the sim also get damaged , but the Apple ID account is active on the server .

removal of iphone from icloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.