Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Most of my NOTES Disappeared

I just discovered I have lost all my "Notes" except for (3) of my most recent. I don't know if this has something to do with the latest update to Monterey 12.0.1. I'm also missing some of my Bookmarks? I want the Notes back! They are not in the Cloud under Recently deleted, I only see the most recent. I have tried going back in Time Machine to ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/Library/Notes a couple of months but when I restore nothing happens? My machine is only a couple of months old. Is there any other recourse?

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 3:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 5:33 AM

brucefromlimerick wrote:

I just discovered I have lost all my "Notes" except for (3) of my most recent. I don't know if this has something to do with the latest update to Monterey 12.0.1. I'm also missing some of my Bookmarks? I want the Notes back! They are not in the Cloud under Recently deleted, I only see the most recent. I have tried going back in Time Machine to ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/Library/Notes a couple of months but when I restore nothing happens? My machine is only a couple of months old. Is there any other recourse?

If this is a sync issue you can sign out of iCloud and back in again

>System Preferences>AppleID>iCloud

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 5:33 AM in response to brucefromlimerick

brucefromlimerick wrote:

If this is a sync issue you can sign out of iCloud and back in again

>System Preferences>AppleID>iCloud

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac

Most of my NOTES Disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.