Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need thunderbolt 3 male to thunderbolt 2 male cable to connect iMAC as monitor for mac air

I need thunderbolt 3 male to thunderbolt 2 male cable to connect iMAC as monitor for mac air

Which one I need? I want user my mac with Thunderbolt 2 to mac air Thunderbolt 3

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 8:16 AM

Nope, it will not work, period. There are no work-arounds. As mentioned, please carefully read the Target Display Mode article.

My suggestion is to buy an external display to use with the MBA, this is far easier, far more reliable and overall less expensive (does not require expensive cables) than Target Display Mode ever was.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 8:16 AM in response to Edulinka

Nope, it will not work, period. There are no work-arounds. As mentioned, please carefully read the Target Display Mode article.

My suggestion is to buy an external display to use with the MBA, this is far easier, far more reliable and overall less expensive (does not require expensive cables) than Target Display Mode ever was.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.