Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Pages' repeatedly loosing information in a document

Hello!

This happened already two times. This time all the information (text, photos etc) that I gathered about 6 months are not in a file anymore. When I open it I see only the very beginning- few sentences and one photo. What is happening? I know that I saved before closing and few days ago everything was there. Is there a possibility to recover the information? I already tried "3 simple ways".

K.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 12:41 PM

Restore the document from your Time Machine backup by using the /Applications/Time Machine application. Failing that, open the existing document, and from the File menu, select Revert To > Browse All Versions… You can view the file contents using Quick Look from that interface as you move backward in time. Restore it when the content matches what you require.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 12:41 PM in response to lostinfo123

Restore the document from your Time Machine backup by using the /Applications/Time Machine application. Failing that, open the existing document, and from the File menu, select Revert To > Browse All Versions… You can view the file contents using Quick Look from that interface as you move backward in time. Restore it when the content matches what you require.

'Pages' repeatedly loosing information in a document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.