Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replace an Italian physical keyboard with a US keyboard

My daughter's mac crashed when she was in Italy. I had her buy a new 2021 14" Macbook pro while she was there. Can I replace the physical Italian physical keyboard with a US keyboard when she gets back to the US?

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 9:37 AM

Mu understanding is that the keyboard is integrated with the "bottom" portion of the Mac, so it would likely be a very expensive swap. There are some silicon overlays for the keyboard which may be a less expensive option (although those should not be left on when closing the lid). The keyboard itself can be controlled in System Preferences > keyboard > input sources to change the keystrokes to a U.S. keyboard.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 9:37 AM in response to grayson781

Mu understanding is that the keyboard is integrated with the "bottom" portion of the Mac, so it would likely be a very expensive swap. There are some silicon overlays for the keyboard which may be a less expensive option (although those should not be left on when closing the lid). The keyboard itself can be controlled in System Preferences > keyboard > input sources to change the keystrokes to a U.S. keyboard.

Replace an Italian physical keyboard with a US keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.