Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

38" Ultrawide monitor and new Macbook Pro M1 Max

Hi. I just received my Macbook Pro M1 Max. I've connected it to my 38" LG 38WN95C-W Ultrawide monitor. Text is very fuzzy. I've tried different resolutions. Currently running with these:

I'm connected to the monitor via USB-C.

Any suggestions would be so appreciated!!

Thank you.

Debbie Mc

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 12:41 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 17, 2021 10:49 AM in response to Boopie

Hello Boopie,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, when you connect your Mac to an external display the text is blurry. We'll do our best to assist with this.

What happens when you select the native resolution for the monitor 3840 x 1600? Using the native display resolution should provide you with clearer text.

Do you have any issues with the other monitor that's connected?

Have you reviewed: If your external display isn't detected or appears blurry on your Mac

Hoping to hear back, take care.

Nov 17, 2021 11:41 AM in response to destiny241

Thanks for the reply. I did try the native resolution of 3840x1600 and the clarity of text is actually worse.

I'm not having any issues with the other external display. That one is crisp at its native resolution.

And I have reviewed the article you referenced, but I appreciate it.

I'd love to hear feedback from anyone with an M1 Max and the LG 38WN95C-W Ultrawide monitor.

Thank you.

Debbie McCormick

38" Ultrawide monitor and new Macbook Pro M1 Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.