Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MESSENGING

MY IPHONE USED TO BE ABLE TO SEND AND RECEIVE MESSAGES FROM SOME OF MY FRIENDS BUT NOW THEY ARE NOT. NOTHING HAS CHANGED WITH THE PHONES...ALL THE SAME. HOW CAN I FIX THIS SO THAT I CAN ONCE AGAIN SEND AND RECEIVE FROM MY FRIEND

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 11:14 AM

Hello EDWARDLES,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you can't send or receive messages from friends. We'll do our best to assist with this.

Given the information, is this happening with only one specific contact?

Do you have Do Not Disturb enabled? You can check in Settings > Do Not Disturb. If so, you'd want this disabled to receive notifications.

Try out steps in: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hoping to hear back, take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2021 11:14 AM in response to EDWARDLES

Hello EDWARDLES,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you can't send or receive messages from friends. We'll do our best to assist with this.

Given the information, is this happening with only one specific contact?

Do you have Do Not Disturb enabled? You can check in Settings > Do Not Disturb. If so, you'd want this disabled to receive notifications.

Try out steps in: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hoping to hear back, take care.

Nov 18, 2021 6:27 AM in response to EDWARDLES

Hi EDWARDLES,

Do you notice this happening with iMessages (blue bubbles) or SMS (green bubbles) within the Apple Messages app?

If you're noting this with SMS then we'd recommend to contact your wireless carrier: Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in Europe

(Not in Europe? Select your region at the top.)

Do any of these contacts (friends) show up in Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts?

Looking forward to hearing back, cheers.

MESSENGING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.