Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing message

I have a message with apple logo saying hacker is tracking you , Is this valid

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 3:40 PM

No, it is a scam. Ignore it and delete it. No one, not even Apple can tell if a hacker is actively tracking you. The message is intended to create fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) - or get you to download/install something. Ignore it.

2 replies

Nov 20, 2021 2:14 PM in response to Tammysarajane

While attempting to connect to a website on my IPad, I received a warning message stating “someone is trying to steal my data and financial information. IPad became frozen. There were message placards displayed stating the warning was from Apple. A telephone number for Apple was also listed. The number was ***. The person who answered stated they repaired all Apple equipment. Asked me if I had a computer. Told him it wasn’t working. He said that all my device were infected and not to shut down my IPad. I said I was going to contact my anti virus provider and hung up. A voice recording came on. It took some time, but I finally shut my IPad down. When I turned it back on, everything appeared to be normal. I am sure this person is a hack and connected with Apple in any manner.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Phishing message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.