Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotspot issue. iphone 11 ios 15.1/14" Macbook pro (2021) running Monterey 12.0.1

I have an iphone 11 running ios 15.1 and a new 14" Macbook Pro running Monterey 12.0.1. I can connect to my personal hotspot but then get a "You are not connected to the internet" message. The iphone hotspot *is* working - I can connect to it perfectly using my iPad and my Razer Blade Stealth. It's only my Macbook that can't get data.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 4:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 6:57 AM

Hey FriendlyFiend,

Congratulations on your new MacBook Pro!

However, it appears that you're having a problem keeping your Mac connected with Personal Hotspot on your iPhone 11. Your Mac connects, but then you receive a message that it's not connected with the internet. We're glad to glad to provide assistance.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support -- Even though Personal Hotspot is working, it's not working as expected, and these steps can help.

Get Support -- If your Mac still can't stay connected with the internet, please contact Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2021 6:57 AM in response to FriendlyFiend

Hey FriendlyFiend,

Congratulations on your new MacBook Pro!

However, it appears that you're having a problem keeping your Mac connected with Personal Hotspot on your iPhone 11. Your Mac connects, but then you receive a message that it's not connected with the internet. We're glad to glad to provide assistance.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support -- Even though Personal Hotspot is working, it's not working as expected, and these steps can help.

Get Support -- If your Mac still can't stay connected with the internet, please contact Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Hotspot issue. iphone 11 ios 15.1/14" Macbook pro (2021) running Monterey 12.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.