Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inconsistency of "Recently Added" between iPhone and iMac Apple Music

I've added some albums to my Apple Music account on my iPhone, but those albums are not showing up in my Recently Added list on my iMac. They do appear in Recently Added on my iPhone. I have quit and restarted Apple Music on the iMac several times. It's been > 12 hours since I added them to my phone.

Not sure what to do to get this all sync'd up...

iMac 24″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 2:04 PM

I assume you subscribe to Apple Music. If so, make sure to turn on Sync library on your iMac. See the 'On your Mac' section in:

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

If not, then sync your iPhone & iMac using:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 5, 2021 8:24 AM in response to javaliga

Yes, I am an Apple Music subscriber and I do have sync already turned on with my AppleId/iCloud account. So unfortunately this suggestion has not worked. I'm wondering if there is a bigger issue because in an attempt to resolve this problem I decided to logout of Apple Music with the hope it would reset the system. Not after I authenticate I get a message in Apple Music that says "Loading your Cloud Music Library. This may take several minutes." It's now been over 12 hours and it still has not completed/loaded.

I'm not sure how to proceed. Now I don't have any Apple Music available on my iMac, but it does work fine on my iPhone and iPad.

Inconsistency of "Recently Added" between iPhone and iMac Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.