Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Interface

I downloaded Big Sur on my 2017 MacBook Air (because it wouldn't download any other OS and I don't want Monterey) now I don't like the interface on Safari which is showing up. The lines dividing up all the sections of the page are too thin. How do I get back to the Safari I had with the thicker lines?

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 3:19 PM

Similar questions

12 replies

Nov 18, 2021 11:28 AM in response to Suzie_bear

Hey Suzie_bear,

It appears that you'd like an older version of Safari on your MacBook Air after upgrading to macOS Big Sur. Safari is updated and installed as part of the macOS. It is not possible to downgrade Safari: Update or reinstall Safari for your computer - Apple Support

The start page can be customized in the newer version of Safari, as seen here: Customize your start page in Safari - Apple Support You can also see other guides on Safari here: Safari User Guide for Mac - Apple Support Also, if you'd like, you can submit any suggestions or feedback here: Feedback - Safari - Apple

Best wishes.

Safari Interface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.