Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I reset my apple tv and now I can't get past the select language screen. The remote is working because when I press the volume button, it shows on the screen that I am raising or lowering the volume.

I reset my apple tv and now I can't get past the select language screen. The remote is working because when I press the volume button, it shows on the screen that I am raising or lowering the volume. But when I try to select the language, it doesn't respond.

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 7:41 AM

The Volume controls on the Siri remote are independent of the navigation controls, as it can signal the TV directly for volume. Volume control would even work without the remote being paired.

Please see If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support and pair the remote again.

1 reply

I reset my apple tv and now I can't get past the select language screen. The remote is working because when I press the volume button, it shows on the screen that I am raising or lowering the volume.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.