Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch help

Hi. I am having a hard time on pairing my broken Apple Watch from my phone. Which is preventing me from pairing my new Apple Watch with my phone. When I open my watch app it doesn’t give me the chance to unpair my old watch.

and when I tried to set up my new watch via the watch app, it does not compare or let me set up my new watch manually

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 5:40 PM

I'm not sure why not being able to unpair your old watch prevents you from pairing a new watch. You can pair multiple watches with one iPhone, but not the other way around. Just setup your new watch using these steps:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

But, here is a way to unpair your watch without using the watch or iPhone

• With a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Open Find My iPhone and select All Devices (at the top). Then click your Apple Watch, select 'Erase Apple Watch', and select Next until the device is erased. Finally click "X" next to remove your Apple Watch.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2021 5:40 PM in response to Shieber14

I'm not sure why not being able to unpair your old watch prevents you from pairing a new watch. You can pair multiple watches with one iPhone, but not the other way around. Just setup your new watch using these steps:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

But, here is a way to unpair your watch without using the watch or iPhone

• With a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Open Find My iPhone and select All Devices (at the top). Then click your Apple Watch, select 'Erase Apple Watch', and select Next until the device is erased. Finally click "X" next to remove your Apple Watch.

Watch help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.