Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will M1 Mac Mini 2020 connect with Firewire 400 audio interfaces using Logic Pro 10.7 ?

Will M1 Mac Mini 2020 connect with Firewire 400 audio interfaces using Logic Pro 10.7 ?

Mac mini, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 9:46 AM

From reddit:

"You can definitely use FireWire on M1 Mac's. Here is a good video showing it working. The only thing you need to watch out for is if the drivers for your interface are compatible with the latest OS's."

If it was working before 10.7, there is no reason it will not be working on the 10.7

3 replies

Nov 19, 2021 2:00 PM in response to _Arve_

Thanks. I picked up a Presonus Firestudio a while back but hadn’t had an opportunity to try it.

Yesterday I connected it to my 2011 imac and discovered that Logic cannot recognize it unless I download the drivers first. It’s running Sierra so there are still drivers available.

I checked as you mentioned, and Presonus doesn’t support M1 silicon Macs on older interfaces. No updated driver for this unit. 😢Disappointed, but glad I found out before investing in the plethora of adapters to convert Thunderbolt 3 to FireWire 400.

Thanks again.

JP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.