Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my ipad and find my device app says no device is detected. Im assuming the device batter is dead. How do I find it

Lost Ipad. I think it may have dead batter. Find my app does not detect it. How do I find device

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 10:23 AM

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad have been lost.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2021 10:23 AM in response to tjeckell

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad have been lost.

Dec 6, 2021 5:41 PM in response to LotusPilot

Lost my Ipad on a United airlines Flight from Houston to RSW on November 4 2021. Reported the loss and created a “ticket” with their Charger back System. I was able to find my device electronically using the “Find my Device “ app through November 14, and then my Ipad battery must have died. I have pictures of where my Ipad was and it looks like it was in a car on Terminal Road in Houston. December 4, 2021 I received an email from United/Chargerback stating they are sorry but they could not find my Ipad. Any thoughts? I did lock my Ipad but if an employee stole it shouldn’t I find a way to delete my information? Please help!

many thanks!

I lost my ipad and find my device app says no device is detected. Im assuming the device batter is dead. How do I find it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.