Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the magic keyboard deactivate apple pencil

Some say this doesn’t make sense. I disagree. I hate trackpads. I would like to be able select items on the screen using my pencil rather than the trackpad. Is that possible?

Please don’t answer by telling me that it makes no sense. Just tell me it’s not possible if that’s the case.

Thanks

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 9:21 PM

What kind of "items" on screen do you want to select using your Apple Pencil?

I have no trouble launching apps with the Pencil, selecting Calendar events or views using the Pencil, manipulating messages in Mail using the Pencil, or scrolling and selecting photos in Photos (all while the iPad Pro is on a Magic Keyboard with an active trackpad.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 9:21 PM in response to regulation

What kind of "items" on screen do you want to select using your Apple Pencil?

I have no trouble launching apps with the Pencil, selecting Calendar events or views using the Pencil, manipulating messages in Mail using the Pencil, or scrolling and selecting photos in Photos (all while the iPad Pro is on a Magic Keyboard with an active trackpad.

Does the magic keyboard deactivate apple pencil

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.