Related Article: Set up Apple Pay

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add cards to wallet / Learn More Screen keeps popping up

I am unable to add any new cards to my wallet. I have "turned it off and on again" and also got the most recent update 15.1.1 on my iPhone 13. Every time I try the "+" button to add a card, a screen keeps popping up saying "Add Cards to Wallet / To add card, keys, tickets, and passes to Wallet, look for the Add to Wallet button in apps, emails, and websites. / Learn More / Cancel"

I have used my Apple Wallet for many years and love it. I have my Apple credit card, debit card, and Apple Cash Card in there so I don't know why this isn't letting me add more. I've also checked settings and there is nothing I see prohibitting me to add another card.

iPhone 13

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 10:07 AM

I’ve previously gone through those links and just did again to make sure I hadn’t missed anything.

I have helped set up many of my friends’ and families Apple Pay Wallets over the years and this is the first time I’ve come across this situation.

5 replies

Nov 19, 2021 3:42 PM in response to friskfarm

Hello friskfarm,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Upon review of your post, it seems that you are running into an issue adding cards to your Apple Wallet. We can see why you’d want this taken care of, so let us help from here! This helpful article was linked to your posting in case you’ve not yet explored it: Set up Apple Pay. Once you’ve determined you are following the steps in that article to set this up properly, take a look at this troubleshooting article: If you can't add cards to Wallet to use with Apple Pay.

Please let us know if you have follow up questions, so we can continue assisting. Take care!

Nov 21, 2021 9:35 AM in response to friskfarm

Thanks for getting back to us, friskfarm. We have a few other things we'd advise checking:

1. Make sure the iPhone's date and time is correct under Settings > General > Date & Time.
  2. Check that you are connected to a known-good network.
  3. Disconnect from any VPNs you are on.
  4. Assure that your push notifications are working properly: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
  5. See if your zip code is accurate under Settings > [your name] > Payment & Shipping.

Let us know if all of those are okay and we will continue looking into this. Thanks!

Nov 21, 2021 9:52 AM in response to Nicholas_B2

Just checked all those. Everything was fine in the settings.

Here is a pic of my screen when I tap the add button. It won’t even let me add a card manually. Also, I’ve removed all my passes at the bottom to see if it was an issue of reaching a limit of cards/passes. That didn’t work either so I added them back on there. Hope this helps narrow the issue down.

Nov 21, 2021 10:49 AM in response to friskfarm

Thanks so much for checking those things for us, friskfarm. We want to make sure you reach the right team for help with your this Apple Wallet issue, so we can get to the bottom of this. We recommend that you contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: Get Support.

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities and have a wonderful day.

Unable to add cards to wallet / Learn More Screen keeps popping up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.