Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All Files need to Download ? A Cloud sign in every file

I use iCloud Drive with all my Files and folders.

It seems that all Files need to Download ? A Cloud sign appear in every file ...

Any advice will be appreciated to view immediatly without downloading.

Thanks.

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 9:58 AM

Hey rony-z,

Thanks for the additional information.

When you're connected to the internet, you should be able to access your iCloud Drive files without downloading them. If you need to access the files while offline, you would need to download them first.

You can learn more about how to access and use files in iCloud Drive in this article: Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices

If you need further assistance, contact Apple Support here: Get Support

Thanks!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 9:58 AM in response to rony-z

Hey rony-z,

Thanks for the additional information.

When you're connected to the internet, you should be able to access your iCloud Drive files without downloading them. If you need to access the files while offline, you would need to download them first.

You can learn more about how to access and use files in iCloud Drive in this article: Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices

If you need further assistance, contact Apple Support here: Get Support

Thanks!

Nov 19, 2021 3:56 PM in response to rony-z

Hey rony-z,

It sounds like you're looking to download files from iCloud Drive to your Mac. We can understand wanting to look into that further. We want to help.

We'd recommend the steps in this article: Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive

"Work with iCloud Drive files offline

If you're about to go offline, you can download iCloud Drive files locally to work on while you're not connected to the internet.

On your Mac

1. Click iCloud Drive in the sidebar of any Finder window. 
  2. Open the file, or control-click the file, then select Download Now. 
  3. Any changes you make to the file will automatically upload to iCloud Drive when you're back online. "

Thanks!

Nov 19, 2021 9:47 PM in response to rony-z

And it seems that after viewing a file - it was Dowloaded to ...?

Then to undo the Download file I need to click on right mouse to open a pop up menu to choose "Remove Download" ..As seen in the pic :

How can I see where it's been doanload ? I don't want to add more downloaded files or I Do , I want to understand how to manage properly the files.

And last question please : if I download to my Mac all my files in addition to use iCloud Drive , adding or deleting files in my Mac will effect iCloud Drive files also ? ( Prefer that ) ?

Nov 19, 2021 8:05 PM in response to jdo_apple

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think that I want to download files from iCloud Drive to my Mac.

I want my Mac to be with less files and iCloud Drive with the majority files .

Until now I think that that's the way it was but now I see Cloud Symbol neat all file and when need to view a file , need to open it .

Maybe upgrading to macOS did something.

All Files need to Download ? A Cloud sign in every file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.