Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac mini has not finished an update and now i have a colourful screen to start but nothing appear

on start i just get a coulourful screen but nothing else , how can I reset my mac mini?

Mac mini, macOS 11.4

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 2:37 PM

Is it a newM1 Mac mini or one using an Intel processor, what year was it made? Using Big Sur is not enough information to even start to give you help. You will probably need to get to Recovery. With a M1 hold down the startup button until you see the option screen. If it is Intel then startup and hold down Command + R. Then choose reinstall Big Sur.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 2:37 PM in response to jubajard

Is it a newM1 Mac mini or one using an Intel processor, what year was it made? Using Big Sur is not enough information to even start to give you help. You will probably need to get to Recovery. With a M1 hold down the startup button until you see the option screen. If it is Intel then startup and hold down Command + R. Then choose reinstall Big Sur.

my mac mini has not finished an update and now i have a colourful screen to start but nothing appear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.