Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

request not elligible for app refund

I requested a refund for an app, but it was not elligible for refund. I have been having this issue for the past several months. Previously if I was’nt satisfied with a recently purchased app from the app store, I was able to get a refund. I wonder why did this change.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 2:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 2:55 AM

It likely didn't. You need to understand that not every app is refundable. From Apple's guide to App Store refunds:

Some purchases from the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books or other Apple services may be eligible for a refund. You can use any device with a web browser to request a refund.

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple – Apple Support (UK)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 2:55 AM in response to bujar290

It likely didn't. You need to understand that not every app is refundable. From Apple's guide to App Store refunds:

Some purchases from the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books or other Apple services may be eligible for a refund. You can use any device with a web browser to request a refund.

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple – Apple Support (UK)

Nov 19, 2021 6:31 AM in response to bujar290

For the most part, Apple views all sales from the App Store as final. They will, under some circumstances, make an exception and give you a refund. Usually, the refunds are because of a purchasing error or because the app does not perform as advertised. They do not generally refund because you simply didn't like the app. Based on what I've seen here on the forums, if Apple has already given you a refund, you are less likely to get future ones, especially for a reason such as not liking the app.

request not elligible for app refund

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.