Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Monterey issues after sleep mode.

Hi everyone,

I have recently updated for macOS Catalina to macOS Monterey on my MacBook Air 2020. After the upgrade issues started to occur.

After sleep mode all the icons are frozen and can't click to anything. I have to force shut down every time which is pretty frustrating.

Does anybody have same issues and how to resolve them?

Thank you for the feedback.

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 3:47 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 20, 2021 7:30 AM in response to semir246

Hello semir246,

We’ll be happy to lend a hand today with your MacBook Air. You don’t want to have to restart each time after waking up from sleep mode.

Before we get started, let us know which MacBook Air you have. Does it have the new Apple M1 silicon or Intel processor? We ask because the steps for each of these can vary, and we want to provide accurate information.

Also, does your Mac have macOS 12.1 installed? If needed, that’s found by going to the Apple menu > About This Mac. And any troubleshooting steps you may have tried. It will help us to know what's been done so far.

We look forward to hearing back from you!

macOS Monterey issues after sleep mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.