Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

15.1 updated removed safari, how do I get it back

Updated to 15.1 last night and now safari is gone from my bottom tool bar. Why?! I’ve gone through all the options in settings to restore it there but no luck. These are frustrating changes to say the least. How do a restore safari there?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 7:07 AM

So I found it on the last page in my App Library. I held down on it and the menu options popped up. I selected “move to Home Screen” and it reappeared where it’s always been and where it said it should be in settings. Why the update removed it is beyond me. A few nights ago I was in safari accessing it from the bottom bar on my Home Screen as always as I went to bed. The update ran over night and I woke to it gone from that tool bar after updating. Still makes no sense why that happened

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 7:07 AM in response to Tn-2-ut

So I found it on the last page in my App Library. I held down on it and the menu options popped up. I selected “move to Home Screen” and it reappeared where it’s always been and where it said it should be in settings. Why the update removed it is beyond me. A few nights ago I was in safari accessing it from the bottom bar on my Home Screen as always as I went to bed. The update ran over night and I woke to it gone from that tool bar after updating. Still makes no sense why that happened

Nov 20, 2021 6:45 AM in response to Ronasara

It’s always been in my bottom tool bar & easy to find and use next to email phone and text. After the update it’s been removed from that toll bar and now I have to hunt for it. It’s not even on my Home Screen. I checked settings and the box is selected for the bottom bar where it’s always been but it’s not there. Any ideas why the update removed it and how to get it back there?

15.1 updated removed safari, how do I get it back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.