Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes will not transfer music to Iphone

Hi, since I have moved to iPhone 13 from 11 I can no longer drag and drop music from Itunes to iPhone.

I am using my free 6 months Apple music on my new phone. iTunes version 12.8.3.1, 2011 iMac running High Sierra, 10.13.6, iPhone 13 running IOS 15.1.1. I can grab the music with the cursor and drag it to the iPhone showing in iTunes but her music will not copy. I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 9:26 AM

Hi k-bobber,

Thanks for taking the time to post your question to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you have some questions about dragging and dropping music from your Mac to your new iPhone.

You mentioned that you're using Apple Music on your new phone. To confirm, is Sync Library enabled under Settings > Music on your iPhone 13?

If so, this would be expected behavior. When you have Sync Library enabled you'll automatically have access to your music library on all your devices that are using the same Apple ID for Apple Music. Read more about this feature here: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Let us know if this information helps.

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 9:26 AM in response to k-bobber

Hi k-bobber,

Thanks for taking the time to post your question to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you have some questions about dragging and dropping music from your Mac to your new iPhone.

You mentioned that you're using Apple Music on your new phone. To confirm, is Sync Library enabled under Settings > Music on your iPhone 13?

If so, this would be expected behavior. When you have Sync Library enabled you'll automatically have access to your music library on all your devices that are using the same Apple ID for Apple Music. Read more about this feature here: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Let us know if this information helps.

Regards.

Itunes will not transfer music to Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.