Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My desktop Mac is frozen on installing Monterey OS. I can't do anything with it.

My desktop Mac is frozen on installing Monterey OS. I can't do anything with it.

Current Pro Desktops

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 1:49 PM

Press the Power button until the Mac shuts down entirely. Then press it again and start a boot up and see if it will complete the installation.

If it doesn't shut down again and try booting into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down) and reinstall the system. It won't affect your user files.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 1:49 PM in response to MDMoyer

Press the Power button until the Mac shuts down entirely. Then press it again and start a boot up and see if it will complete the installation.

If it doesn't shut down again and try booting into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down) and reinstall the system. It won't affect your user files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.