Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any software update from 10.13.6 to 10.14 possible for IMac 21,5 End 2013?

Is it possible to update from OS10.13.6 to 10.14? There is none on the store.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 12:41 PM

The Late-2013 iMac can upgrade as far as macOS Catalina 10.15.7, though if you have 32-bit applications that you need to continue using, then stop as Mojave 10.14.6 which still supports 32 and 64-bit applications.

See How to get old versions of macOS using exclusively Safari to click this link and the Mojave download link in the Mac App Store. I highly recommend that you perform a last Time Machine backup of High SIerra before any upgrade and you set that Time Machine drive aside, not allowing the upgraded operating system's Time Machine to backup to it.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 12:41 PM in response to horst293

The Late-2013 iMac can upgrade as far as macOS Catalina 10.15.7, though if you have 32-bit applications that you need to continue using, then stop as Mojave 10.14.6 which still supports 32 and 64-bit applications.

See How to get old versions of macOS using exclusively Safari to click this link and the Mojave download link in the Mac App Store. I highly recommend that you perform a last Time Machine backup of High SIerra before any upgrade and you set that Time Machine drive aside, not allowing the upgraded operating system's Time Machine to backup to it.

Nov 30, 2021 10:52 AM in response to VikingOSX

Viking, thanks for the answer. It needed a bit of time to come so far.

I made the update to Catalina, but now, im not native english, my outlook for 2011 does'nt work anymore because of the 32/64 bit stuff. The time before the update the Mac was slow, but now it is sslloooww.:-). Is Catalina the reason?

Next Question, can i go back to Mojave to have the outlook back again? It is my complete e-mail communication from many years and my back ups do all depend on the same system.

Is there any software update from 10.13.6 to 10.14 possible for IMac 21,5 End 2013?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.