Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t update Whatsapp, problem with Apple ID

Hi! I’m trying to update Whatsapp but when I try it takes me to a screen that says “Log into iTunes store”. I type in the password that I have always used for the App store. It says that it is wrong and when I press forgot password, it automatically has my dads account as default. When I check in my settings, the Apple ID is my own. How do I fix this? Do I need to change my iTunes account, and if so, how do I do it?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 12:34 PM

Hi tove259,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to update WhatsApp because of a sign in issue with your Apple ID, and we'd like to assist. This type of issue usually occurs when the app was originally downloaded under a different Apple ID, such as your Dad's ID. We recommend deleting WhatsApp and then reinstalling it under your Apple ID. This should resolve the issue.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 12:34 PM in response to tove259

Hi tove259,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to update WhatsApp because of a sign in issue with your Apple ID, and we'd like to assist. This type of issue usually occurs when the app was originally downloaded under a different Apple ID, such as your Dad's ID. We recommend deleting WhatsApp and then reinstalling it under your Apple ID. This should resolve the issue.

Take care.

Can’t update Whatsapp, problem with Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.