Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cursor and picture freezes

Hi

Just got my new macbook pro 16 2021 on m1pro chip. There is an issue with cursor on my new macbook: it randomly freezes for few seconds 1-5. During video watching, picture also freezes but sound is fine and continue playback at background during these freezes. Freezes happen not only during video watching, but also with normal web browsing. There is only few tabs open and I'm using default Firefox as default browser with Ublock and SponsorBlock extensions.

So if anyone know how to solve this problem, please help.

At least I have 11 days to return this beautiful machine (sad, but as an option).

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 11:41 AM

Well, after another few observations, seems like not only Firefox freezes, but also Safari and whole system is freezes if try to open appstore and switch to arcade tab and move coursor there fastly. So bug is in OS. Google say, that previous macs has same issue like mine and it kinda wierd to get absolutely new macbook with new hardware but with old software bugs.

Sadly, but I will return mine mac back to store.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2021 11:41 AM in response to Vanek48

Well, after another few observations, seems like not only Firefox freezes, but also Safari and whole system is freezes if try to open appstore and switch to arcade tab and move coursor there fastly. So bug is in OS. Google say, that previous macs has same issue like mine and it kinda wierd to get absolutely new macbook with new hardware but with old software bugs.

Sadly, but I will return mine mac back to store.

Nov 20, 2021 12:46 PM in response to Vanek48

Hi Vanek48,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities! Sounds like you are running into an issue where the mouse cursor becomes unresponsive when watching videos or browsing in Firefox, is that right? Do you experience the same if you are watching videos or browsing in Safari? Are there any updates available for the browser?

You can try the steps in this article: If an app on your Mac stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open.

Hope that helps!

Cursor and picture freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.