Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I erase the data from my old phone will it erase from my new phone

what happens if you transfer data from your old phone to your new phone and you want to factory reset your old phone

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 3:43 PM

No, it doesn’t work that way. I have performed Erase All Data and Settings on iPads and iPhones, without signing out of iCloud, and it has never affected my other devices. Erasing data and settings (resetting to factory settings) doesn’t affect other devices in the same iCloud account, it only affected to device on which the action is performed.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 3:43 PM in response to Milan0070

No, it doesn’t work that way. I have performed Erase All Data and Settings on iPads and iPhones, without signing out of iCloud, and it has never affected my other devices. Erasing data and settings (resetting to factory settings) doesn’t affect other devices in the same iCloud account, it only affected to device on which the action is performed.

if I erase the data from my old phone will it erase from my new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.