Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't download apps or games from App Store

I can’t download games or apps from AppStore

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 6:32 PM

Can you explain in detail

1. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201400 Any Error messages?
  2. Are there any billing issues > Confirm in settings > name > payment and shipping.
  3. --there may be an unpaid order that needs to be paid, you would need to update your payment method with a good form of payment to be able to download again. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201266
  4. If you are not able to download because Your getting "Your account has been disabled in the iTunes and App Store"

-- you will need to contact apple support to have them check your eligibility to enable your account. This error resulted from either disputing a charge with a bank, or someone disputed some unauthorized charges found on your account. You will need to contact Apple for this error. https://www.apple.com/contact/

If you re receiving "this Apple ID has not been used in the iTunes and App Store yet"

--you will need to go into settings > name > payment and shipping and add a billing address

--then go into App Store and attempt to download an app > and when you get the pop up,...tap review...then follow the onscreen instructions and Agree to the terms and conditions.

Hope this helps ;)

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 6:32 PM in response to miroslav199

Can you explain in detail

1. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201400 Any Error messages?
  2. Are there any billing issues > Confirm in settings > name > payment and shipping.
  3. --there may be an unpaid order that needs to be paid, you would need to update your payment method with a good form of payment to be able to download again. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201266
  4. If you are not able to download because Your getting "Your account has been disabled in the iTunes and App Store"

-- you will need to contact apple support to have them check your eligibility to enable your account. This error resulted from either disputing a charge with a bank, or someone disputed some unauthorized charges found on your account. You will need to contact Apple for this error. https://www.apple.com/contact/

If you re receiving "this Apple ID has not been used in the iTunes and App Store yet"

--you will need to go into settings > name > payment and shipping and add a billing address

--then go into App Store and attempt to download an app > and when you get the pop up,...tap review...then follow the onscreen instructions and Agree to the terms and conditions.

Hope this helps ;)

Dec 6, 2021 5:15 PM in response to lobsterghost1

The settings App. on my Android phone tells me nothing about Apple products or terminology; imprecision is a major issue with tech. advice. It took me around 3 hrs. to find a work around and get past the false leads e.g. that "none" is an option for payment details; maybe that's after valid details have been inserted; either way the set up suggests gross incompetence or worse from the programmers.

Dec 6, 2021 5:38 PM in response to desm1

"Gross incompetence" or a user who doesn't know what they are doing? I'd vote for the latter. I'm sure if you handed me an Android phone, I'd have little clue what to do with it. Is that programming incompetence? I seriously think not.

More to the point, had you told us up front, you don't have or plan to use a payment method in the App Store (a major detail you omitted completely), we could have better guided you. Do know however, even if you can now download apps or games. If any of them offer in-app purchases, you won't be able to download any app which includes them. Not without a payment method tied to your account.

Dec 7, 2021 7:43 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Payment details were only accepted in one of the many areas in which a form including them was presented (Apple support directed me to that "secret" location; so I was incompetent at not knowing that Apple uses secret working locations or that there is a hierarchy of areas which have degrees of likelihood of working; anyway have passed most of this on via Feedback but may have forgotten the above; there were so many false leads; actually its copied so here they are:Is the false information at almost every juncture with Apple ID common across other areas; the list here is a long one: No warning while deleting an ID that that e-mail can't be used again (for 3 months according to someone in the community and forever by an Apple rep. and clear statements that all info. is deleted. That in trying to use it to download an App. results in a "review" loop which never leads to a review (this has been around for years; surely Apple could find some school children who could fix this? Putting in Payment details appears compulsory despite clear indications otherwise and that these can only be put in in special areas i.e. mine bounced at the Phone no. stage many times but went in smoothly in some other area; no warning that birthdate had to be in MM/DD and no error msg. or worse the msg. was "Can't ....at this time". The Apple support area states that this means that too many ID's are recorded on the machine and an apparent re-install (don't know if it actually occurred that was no confirmation or other advice) didn't remove the previous owners Log in P/w; this led me (admittedly with cognitive function impaired at that point) to erase the OS as part of my introduction into this product?

Dec 7, 2021 7:51 PM in response to desm1

Im sorry for not making it any more clearer for you.

When I mention settings, I mean the settings app on your phone. Its is preinstalled with the iOS.

You never confirmed the exact error message your getting when you try to download.

If you explain in more detail what happens when you try to download maybe the response can be a little more detailed and helpful.

Leaving out detailed information in your question, doesn't help the person trying to answer. There could be several things preventing your from downloading.

help me help you.

I can't download apps or games from App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.