Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone got locked

Hi

i got scammed. I don’t know what to do. I bought an iphone from a person on September 10th 2021. But suddenly phone stopped working since yesterday. Now I came to know that the person he claimed that he lost his iphone. Please tell me how I can unblock it. He is a fraud. Now my iphone got blacklisted. Please help me, tell me how I can unblock it ?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 8:39 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 20, 2021 8:46 AM in response to Sunmy

There is nothing that can be done about this. It is sad and unfortunate that this has happened to you. The lesson learned here is that always be extremely careful when purchasing a device from a third-party seller. These scams are common where the seller finds a lost or stolen iPhone and then sells it. Meanwhile, the original and the rightful owner of the iPhone reports it lost or stolen. When this happens, folks like you get cheated and scammed.

The only option that I can think of, for you, is to report it to your local police. I am sure that the seller has disappeared by now.

Axel F.

iPhone got locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.