Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stop auto-lock (iphone screen goes dark) while using apple map?

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 9:11 AM

If you are using the Maps app directly on your iPhone and your iPhone is not connected to external power, then the screen is designed to dim/lock to conserve battery. You can prevent this by:

1. Connect your iPhone to power while using Maps on it directly. For example, while using in a car. OR
  2. Open Settings ➔ Display & Brightness ➔ Auto-Lock: Set this to Never before a trip. You can set it back to the way it was after the trip is over.
  3. Furthermore, if you want to suggest this feature, that you like, to Apple then please leave feedback here ➔ Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 9:11 AM in response to Dxz

If you are using the Maps app directly on your iPhone and your iPhone is not connected to external power, then the screen is designed to dim/lock to conserve battery. You can prevent this by:

1. Connect your iPhone to power while using Maps on it directly. For example, while using in a car. OR
  2. Open Settings ➔ Display & Brightness ➔ Auto-Lock: Set this to Never before a trip. You can set it back to the way it was after the trip is over.
  3. Furthermore, if you want to suggest this feature, that you like, to Apple then please leave feedback here ➔ Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.