Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get phone to chime with text message

Since I got my Apple Watch 7, my phone does not ding when I get a text message and my phone is asleep. It does ding when I get a text message and my phone is awake. I want it to ding all the time on my phone and not on my watch.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 8:59 AM

Your Apple Watch and your iPhone is working as designed. Your Apple Watch will get a text notification when your iPhone is locked. You will not get a sound notification on both devices. I understand that you would like this behavior to change where you only want your text notifications on your iPhone and not on your Apple Watch.

On your iPhone, open the Watch app ➔ Notifications ➔ Messages ➔ Custom ➔ Choose, Notifications OFF. This will stop all your Messags notification to sound from your Apple Watch and will only be notificed on your iPhone.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 8:59 AM in response to LindaM691

Your Apple Watch and your iPhone is working as designed. Your Apple Watch will get a text notification when your iPhone is locked. You will not get a sound notification on both devices. I understand that you would like this behavior to change where you only want your text notifications on your iPhone and not on your Apple Watch.

On your iPhone, open the Watch app ➔ Notifications ➔ Messages ➔ Custom ➔ Choose, Notifications OFF. This will stop all your Messags notification to sound from your Apple Watch and will only be notificed on your iPhone.

Axel F.

How to get phone to chime with text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.