Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover an email Folder I just deleted?

How do I recover a folder that I created for emails. I accidentally deleted a folder that had many subfolders within it that I did not want to delete?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 9:58 AM

No. iCloud does not backup email.

If you deleted a mailbox, it will no longer be on the server of the email account. Depending on your mail client, you may still have recovery options. For example, my work exchange account sequesters deleted items for a short time on the company server so items could be recovered if accidentally deleted. I'm not sure if that would apply in your case. To my knowledge, there is no way to recover those items, but someone else might have an idea.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 9:58 AM in response to darrin37

No. iCloud does not backup email.

If you deleted a mailbox, it will no longer be on the server of the email account. Depending on your mail client, you may still have recovery options. For example, my work exchange account sequesters deleted items for a short time on the company server so items could be recovered if accidentally deleted. I'm not sure if that would apply in your case. To my knowledge, there is no way to recover those items, but someone else might have an idea.

How do I recover an email Folder I just deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.