Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 24 M1 shutting down randomly

Hello, I just bought am I-MAC 24 M1 (16Gb, 2 To) and after 2 weeks working normally, it starts now to shut down randomly... no specific reason why...

Does anyone have the same experience?

Note: I had the same experience with again an I-MAC 24 M1.... which I return after 2 weeks .... it did work ok for a week... then started to shut down at any time... went to Apple store... couldn't fix it .... then I exchange for same I-Mac.... and now the new one start again to do the same.... :-(((

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 11:24 AM

The M1 24” iMac uses the new Apple silicon as opposed to the former Intel processors. The first thing you can do is check that you are running the latest version of your apps and that they are fully compatible with Apple silicon and Monterey.

If you have backups of your data I would suggest doing a clean install of Monterey (no migration of data) and then install each app one at a time with a test period before installing the next app until you find which one is causing issues.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 11:24 AM in response to Erwan S.

The M1 24” iMac uses the new Apple silicon as opposed to the former Intel processors. The first thing you can do is check that you are running the latest version of your apps and that they are fully compatible with Apple silicon and Monterey.

If you have backups of your data I would suggest doing a clean install of Monterey (no migration of data) and then install each app one at a time with a test period before installing the next app until you find which one is causing issues.

iMac 24 M1 shutting down randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.