Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos disappearing from my Mac once I turned iCloud on on my phone.

I have never used iCloud until now. I turned it on my phone and now when I log into my Mac, all my photos from the last 10 years are gone (these were manually uploaded). Help! Where did all my pictures go?

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 11:56 AM

What do you mean by manually uploaded? Uploaded into iCloud? If they were, your pictures should all be at iCloud.com/photos.

If you had iCloud photos enabled on your Mac, turning it on on the phone would not erase what you had. Rather your Mac and phone would sync together.

Short of that, you may need to restore your photo library from your Mac backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 11:56 AM in response to jecenia64

What do you mean by manually uploaded? Uploaded into iCloud? If they were, your pictures should all be at iCloud.com/photos.

If you had iCloud photos enabled on your Mac, turning it on on the phone would not erase what you had. Rather your Mac and phone would sync together.

Short of that, you may need to restore your photo library from your Mac backup.

Nov 20, 2021 12:55 PM in response to muguy

When I say manually, I mean I’ve never used iCloud. It’s always been off on my phone and laptop. I would import my photos from my phone to my laptop. I would then delete them off my phone because storage was low. I’ve always had access to these photos when I went into iPhoto on my laptop.

Now when I open my iPhoto on my laptop all my old pictures are gone. The only ones there are the ones on my phone.

Photos disappearing from my Mac once I turned iCloud on on my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.