Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand 3rd party plugin’s UI not working

Hello, I am currently using GarageBand on OSMonterey on a 2021 MacBook Pro M1

and I have tried to install 2x 3rd party plug in’s ‘Valhalla supermassive and chow matrix’ both plug ins have been installed and can be used and heard in GarageBand but the problem is the user interface (control window) for the plug ins doesn’t show correctly and I cannot change any of the settings and sounds. I have spent hours chatting with apple support and ValhallaDsp support who have all been very helpful but know one can solve the issue. Has anyone got any ideas. I would be massively grateful.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 7:22 AM

Hi,

Seems the Garageband Accessibility preferences option "Open plug-ins in Controls view by default" caused this for me.

Paul

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 23, 2021 10:49 PM in response to perisva

Hi Perisva, I managed to fix mine with the amazing help of the guys at apple. In the the end the solution was to completely uninstall GarageBand from my MacBook and then reinstall….. and Hazah!!! All plug ins working as they should. Please note just doing and upgrade didn’t fix it. We had to completely uninstall it. Hope this helps.

Gary.

GarageBand 3rd party plugin’s UI not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.