Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

messenger call notification not coming in

Hello.

I have installed both messenger and whatsapp in my apple watch and turned all notifications on. But I can only receive text message alerts in my apple watch. Whenever someone calls me through Facebook messenger or WhatsApp the apple watch does not show any notification or alert. Only after I disconnect the call I get a missed call notification.

Can anyone help me with this situation? How can I get call notification from messenger and viber in my apple watch? Please not that I have the latest software installed in my apple watch SE and iPhone X.

regards, Cliff

Apple Watch SE, 8

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 9:27 AM

cliff290,

Thank you for your reply. A few additional things to note from Notifications on your Apple Watch are:

• "Notifications are sent to either your Apple Watch or your iPhone, but not to both." 
    • "If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll receive notifications on your iPhone instead of on your Apple Watch."
    • "If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll receive notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode."
  • "When your devices are disconnected, your notifications will be sent to your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch."
  • "When your Apple Watch is locked or if you've turned on Do Not Disturb, your notifications will be sent to your iPhone"
  • "For third-party apps, notifications will only be delivered if your paired iPhone is also connected to a network."

When it comes to the capability of a third-party app's features and notifications on the device, that would have to go through their developer. You can reach out to them here How do I report a problem with the Messenger app? and Contact WhatsApp.

Cheers.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2021 9:27 AM in response to cliff290

cliff290,

Thank you for your reply. A few additional things to note from Notifications on your Apple Watch are:

• "Notifications are sent to either your Apple Watch or your iPhone, but not to both." 
    • "If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll receive notifications on your iPhone instead of on your Apple Watch."
    • "If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll receive notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode."
  • "When your devices are disconnected, your notifications will be sent to your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch."
  • "When your Apple Watch is locked or if you've turned on Do Not Disturb, your notifications will be sent to your iPhone"
  • "For third-party apps, notifications will only be delivered if your paired iPhone is also connected to a network."

When it comes to the capability of a third-party app's features and notifications on the device, that would have to go through their developer. You can reach out to them here How do I report a problem with the Messenger app? and Contact WhatsApp.

Cheers.

Nov 22, 2021 12:02 PM in response to Jeff_W.

Hey, I also tried contacting them both. Via messenger I can’t get proper support. The instruction you shared seems not be working. WhatsApp indicate to contact apple support so it seems to be a loop. I do understand from other Apple Watch users that it is just not supported. Is that the case? Before this, I had a very simple Garmin Watch and there it worked properly so I assume it is not so difficult to enable. Are there plans to incorporate this? Regards, Cliff

Nov 21, 2021 11:50 AM in response to cliff290

Hello cliff290,

It sounds like when you get a call from the FaceBook Messenger or WhatsApp app, you don't receive these notifications on your Apple Watch.

Here are some resources that can help:

Check out Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. On the paired iPhone, you'll want to check and see if notifications is enabled in Settings > Notifications > [App]. Allow Notifications needs to be turned on. From there you can customize how you'd like to receive your notifications.

Also review Notifications on your Apple Watch. Once your iPhone notifications are set, open the Watch app, tap on My Watch on the bottom left corner. Select Notifications and make sure that Notifications Indicator is turned on. Then scroll down and underneath "Mirror iPhone Alerts from" locate the apps to make sure that is turned on.

If it continues, you would want to reach out and contact the developers for additional assistance How to contact an app developer - Apple Support.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

messenger call notification not coming in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.