Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone Maps Navigation Voice Volume

I wanted to change the NavigatIon Voice Volume setting on my iPhone Map in Setting: Maps: Navigation and Guidance Navigation Voice Volume, to learn when I upgraded my iPhone in September to iOS 15 they removed Navigation and Guidance from Maps Settings and I can no longer change the volume for my iPhone Map Navigation Voice Volume. If I had known this would happen I would never have upgraded to iOS 15. I moved in July and started using iPhone Maps for the first time. Is there anything I can do to get Apple to bring back Navigation & Guidance in Settings for Maps so the navigation voice volume can be changed? They never should have removed this from Maps Settings. How can I get Apple to bring it back??

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 3:41 PM

You can change the volume with the volume controls. The only thing they removed was the arbitrary selections of low, normal, and high. You just adjust the volume with the volume control on the iPhone, or if you have it connected to the vehicle, the volume control there.

Similar questions

14 replies

Nov 21, 2021 7:56 PM in response to AndrewB2009

Are you using music on the phone, or from the vehicle? There used to be a setting about pausing music or other audio for directions. Now the setting only says Podcasts. If you go to Settings>Maps>Spoken Directions, have you tried using the setting for Directions Pause Podcasts to see if that brings down the sound of music when Maps tries to speak a direction? When I use my iPhone for directions, I do not use Music from my phone, I use my vehicle. I can try testing this tomorrow to see what type of result I get. I also know that iOS 15.1.1 has added a switch for Directions on Radio, so you can have the directions spoken on the iPhone instead of on the car radio if you wish.

IPhone Maps Navigation Voice Volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.