Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Apple ID -need to stop calls and messages showing up on other phone

My husband and I share an Apple ID. I just got a new phone., SE 2020. Calls and messages on either phone show up on log of other.This previously happened with an update. We were able to fix before. I tried advice of someone on this chat just now to turn off calls on other devices, and make sure the other phone isn’t listed to receive messages. I checked both and are ok. Didn’t fix the problem though.

ant body have other suggestions?

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 7:52 PM

Stop sharing the Apple ID. The Apple ID is designed to be used by a single person, not more than one. Getting calls is only one of the issues you will find when sharing an ID. One of you decide to change their Apple ID. How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support If after that you wish to share content, you can setup Family Sharing. See this, Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 7:52 PM in response to Alfishes

Stop sharing the Apple ID. The Apple ID is designed to be used by a single person, not more than one. Getting calls is only one of the issues you will find when sharing an ID. One of you decide to change their Apple ID. How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support If after that you wish to share content, you can setup Family Sharing. See this, Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Shared Apple ID -need to stop calls and messages showing up on other phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.