Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new iPhone 13 wifi completely greyed out, not letting me press to connect.

I opened my iphone 13 (brand new, arrived five days ago, bought through optus), and it said 'passcode required after restart' so it must have randomly restart. When I opened it, the wifi is completely greyed out and won't let me press it to connect. I have tried everything on google, turning on airplane mode, resetting network settings, resetting ALL settings, restarting the phone multiple times, and still no fix. Is it a hardware issue or is my only option resetting the entire phone?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 5:34 PM

Hello brx4nna,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

If we understand correctly, you're unable to turn on your Wi-Fi on your iPhone due to the setting being grayed out. You have already tried some good troubleshooting, restarting it, turning on and off Airplane mode, resetting network settings and all settings, all without result.

Next, we'll want to ensure that your iPhone is updated. Since you're not able to use Wi-Fi, you'll want to update using a computer. Be sure to back up first:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're still not able to turn on Wi-Fi you'll want to have your iPhone serviced. To look into your available options reach Apple Support here: Get Support

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2021 5:34 PM in response to brx4nna

Hello brx4nna,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

If we understand correctly, you're unable to turn on your Wi-Fi on your iPhone due to the setting being grayed out. You have already tried some good troubleshooting, restarting it, turning on and off Airplane mode, resetting network settings and all settings, all without result.

Next, we'll want to ensure that your iPhone is updated. Since you're not able to use Wi-Fi, you'll want to update using a computer. Be sure to back up first:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're still not able to turn on Wi-Fi you'll want to have your iPhone serviced. To look into your available options reach Apple Support here: Get Support

Best regards.

Nov 21, 2021 11:41 PM in response to Brian_P7

Last night before I went to sleep I tried resetting the network settings again, and it seemed to work but about an hour ago it restarted again and had the same greyed out wifi issue. Just followed your advice and updated it through my computer and it seems to be working again, so hopefully the issue doesn't persist any further. Thank you very much for your help Brian!

Brand new iPhone 13 wifi completely greyed out, not letting me press to connect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.