Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mobile Backup restoration failed

Hi, I wanted to backup my iphone 7 plus to my macbook pro. i put it on backup and when it was about to finish backin up, a mesage popped up saying your device disconnected. I put it on backup the same night and it was done in about 2-3 hours. Next morning I reset my iphone and wanted to restore the backup, but it says not enough space on your iphone. My iphone is 128gb, while after checking the ioS data on my mac from manage storage, it says 199gb. I need help please as the data stored is very important.

Thank you

Mujeeb

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 1:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 1:57 AM

Connect iPhone to Mac

Use your USB lightening cable --> Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes - Apple Support

If unable to connect --> If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

For your Mac --> If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...

Use genuine cable --> Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories ...

See how to --> Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer ...

Here is the process to --> Backup on iTunes.

If you are experiencing an issue not listed here, contact support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mobile Backup restoration failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.