Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete old photos from my iPhone?

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 8:53 AM

Sounds like you tried deleting but they have no trash can symbol?

If so they were probably sync'd from a computer. You can re-sync with no selection on the sync panel.

If that doesn't work you may have to backup and restore.

Failing that, and it would be last resort, you will have to selectiveky move all your data elsewhere, Erase all content and settings, then build up from scratch,

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2021 8:53 AM in response to Sox1-Hawks2-40-8

Sounds like you tried deleting but they have no trash can symbol?

If so they were probably sync'd from a computer. You can re-sync with no selection on the sync panel.

If that doesn't work you may have to backup and restore.

Failing that, and it would be last resort, you will have to selectiveky move all your data elsewhere, Erase all content and settings, then build up from scratch,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.