Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update mid 2011 iMac to High Sierra

Hi, could anyone tell me how to update my mid 2011 iMac to High Sierra please? Thank you!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 9:21 AM

14 replies

Nov 21, 2021 2:28 PM in response to dialabrain

Hi! I can access the macOS High Sierra now after I restarted my iMac and opened the link using Safari. I'm downloading the software, hopefully it will turn out alright!

After I update to High Sierra, can I update to 10.15? I want to install Microsoft Word and Outlook but they require 10.15 or later.

Thank you so much for your help!

Van

Nov 21, 2021 3:04 PM in response to dialabrain

Thank you so much! I wanted to press "Helpful" and "Solved my problem" but I can't seem to press "Helpful" now that I pressed "Solved my problem". Just would like you to know that I am very grateful for your time and help. Have a great week ahead!

By the way, may I trouble you one last time? How can I install Microsoft Word and Outlook on iMac mid 2011 now updated to High Sierra? If not, is there a way for me to use the iMac as my second display? I have a Macbook Air 2020 (13 inch).

Update mid 2011 iMac to High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.