Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 not making text notification sound

I have a new iPhone 13 Pro. While my Apple Watch is connected I do not get sound from the phone for incoming text.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 2:38 PM

That is working the way it is supposed to. With the Apple Watch, notifications work a specific way. See this for how notifications work with the Apple Watch. Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

10 replies

Nov 21, 2021 4:56 PM in response to kwayne

The initial purpose of the Watch was more as a notification device, so you did not have to take the phone out of your pocket/purse, and you would receive notifications and be able to view them.

You have the option to provide feedback to Apple if you would like to see a change at Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple but it has been this way since the beginning so I'm not sure you will see it happen.

Nov 23, 2021 11:01 AM in response to Memes4daysz9

I appreciate you taking time to help me with my situation. But I am letting you know for several years now my phone has been giving sound and vibration along with the watch. I have worn the watch and carried the phone every day together during that time. It is Only since the upgrade to 13pro and watch update that I do not get both. Maybe it has been a fluke but they need to make it a option.

Nov 23, 2021 11:19 AM in response to kwayne

kwayne wrote:

I appreciate you taking time to help me with my situation. But I am letting you know for several years now my phone has been giving sound and vibration along with the watch. I have worn the watch and carried the phone every day together during that time. It is Only since the upgrade to 13pro and watch update that I do not get both. Maybe it has been a fluke but they need to make it a option.

That is unusual in that its not supposed to work that way. I've been wearing Apple Watch since Series 3 was introduced (then 4 and now 7) and have never had both phone and watch make sounds at the same time for notifications. And as can be seen in the Apple Support document provided above about notifications, that is how its designed to work.

Nov 23, 2021 1:41 PM in response to kwayne

Like lobsterghost1, I've had the Apple Watches for a long time. Actually I purchased an original, and have had one of every series since then, and still have my Series 6. I don't see enough of a change to get the Series 7. I also change phones annually through the iPhone Upgrade Program. I can tell you that my Watch & Phone have never had the phone and Watch sound notifications together. If yours was doing that, it was an anomaly. It is working just the way it is supposed to now.

iPhone 13 not making text notification sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.