Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is hide my email and how do I get rid of it

how do I get rid of "hide my email"

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 3:40 PM

This is ridiculous….there are no addresses in the Hide my Email….it just keeps popping up…and I can no longer enter my own email address if I choose. Apple really needs to fix this….I have contacted them and they say to just ignore it when it pops up…BUT…using the external keyboard….once the Hide My Email pops up….you can no longer use the keyboard and must revert to the on screen keyboard….the whole thing needs to go away!!

Apple—-if you are reading this…we need a solution to make it go away….completely…forever.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2022 3:40 PM in response to mindafromca

This is ridiculous….there are no addresses in the Hide my Email….it just keeps popping up…and I can no longer enter my own email address if I choose. Apple really needs to fix this….I have contacted them and they say to just ignore it when it pops up…BUT…using the external keyboard….once the Hide My Email pops up….you can no longer use the keyboard and must revert to the on screen keyboard….the whole thing needs to go away!!

Apple—-if you are reading this…we need a solution to make it go away….completely…forever.

Nov 21, 2021 4:58 PM in response to mindafromca

That’s is very very important for your cybersecurity. When you sign up any subscription which you don’t really trust them so you use hide my mail . It will generate random emails as represent your real ID . Using your Apple ID and password but your ID (hidden).That’s hide my mail will send to your inbox mail.. this is what I know. Correct me if wrong

Dec 5, 2021 9:02 PM in response to mindafromca

I have the same issue. My email address used to appear in a drop down, and I could quickly enter it into webforms - where I want to enter my own email address. Now, Hide My Email is my only drop down option, so I am either forced to use that or to type my own email address. I want to turn off the Hide My Email option or at least to have "Use My Email" as an option at the same time. I don't understand why Apple is almost forcing me to use Hide My Email.

Jan 16, 2022 9:20 AM in response to gmujica

I agree! When I am using Safari and need to fill in my email address, normally I am offered the choice of my work email and my personal email. But now I get the choice of my work and Hide My Email. I have to go through extra steps to get to my personal email. It’s quite irritating on a daily basis. All the support articles are about getting rid of a particular Hide My Email address. I don’t want to get rid of a particular address. I want to get rid of the entire option to use it. I don’t want it to appear, not when I can’t see the addresses I want to see in the first place!

Feb 9, 2022 3:40 PM in response to mindafromca

This is ridiculous….there are no addresses in the Hide my Email….it just keeps popping up…and I can no longer enter my own email address if I choose. Apple really needs to fix this….I have contacted them and they say to just ignore it when it pops us…BUT…using the external keyboard….once the Hide My Email pops up….you can no longer use the keyboard and must revert to the on screen keyboard….the whole thing needs to go away!!

Feb 9, 2022 4:38 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Yes…I have read and followed that article…and the last paragraph is the issue….”At any time, you can change the email address that receives forwarded messages. Or you can choose to turn off email forwarding to stop receiving messages. You can manage your addresses created with Hide My Email in Settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or on iCloud.com.” You can not….Apple support even told me so. They jus said to ignore it…but it’s a process to just ignore it…and then the keyboard won’t work. There are no addresses to delete…i have never used it…it just pops up…and won’t let me do away with it. It’s very frustrating. I will leave the feedback at that link. Thanks.

what is hide my email and how do I get rid of it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.