Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac will only print B&W

iMac (24inch, M1, 2021); HP Officejet 200 purchased and setup Nov 12 2021.

From iMAC can only print B&W, all other devices inc various iPhone and iPad can print color. Printer Status Report and Quality Report print correctly and in color.

Problem exists whether use wireless or w USB.

Problem exists for all iMac applications from which I want to print, Kofax PDF; Microsoft Word, Excel etc; Preview; pages, Safari, Maps, Opera, desktop

HP printed color from iMac correctly - until this week.

During HP setup I used "Basic Setup" option and this downloaded all latest, relevant HP software/driver to iMac. Nov 21 in effort to resolve this I uninstalled HP software from iMac - but makes no difference. iMac still only prints B&W and other devices print color

iMac System preferences seem to offer no option, setting adjustment to address this - yet this is clearly an iMac issue - not an HP printer issue. Solutions advise gratefully received , but please dont ask the obvious that is clarified above.

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 12:18 PM

Reason: as advised by Apple, Monterey is not yet fully stable w several applications that I need.

Just spent an hour w Apple support. Solution has nothing to do with update to Monterey.

Ultimately we did a few things and removed that printer from System Preferences and then readded it.

I appreciate your time, but this has nothing do with updating the OS.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2021 12:18 PM in response to hcsitas

Reason: as advised by Apple, Monterey is not yet fully stable w several applications that I need.

Just spent an hour w Apple support. Solution has nothing to do with update to Monterey.

Ultimately we did a few things and removed that printer from System Preferences and then readded it.

I appreciate your time, but this has nothing do with updating the OS.

iMac will only print B&W

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.