Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stop autoplay

It seems that any BT device triggers Autoplay and there is no autoplay icon displaying in the Music app to turn on or off; only loop and shuffle - let alone the fact that the Music app is never open.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 4:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 12:36 PM

I also agree that there is not the autoplay icon on either my iPhone 6s or my iPad. Both of these are at 15.1. My major issue with this is that on my iPad, the music will start playing when I connect my BlueTooth and I do not play music from my iPad, only watching videos or shows.

I am also looking to turn off autoplay.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 12, 2021 12:36 PM in response to BlueMusic04

I also agree that there is not the autoplay icon on either my iPhone 6s or my iPad. Both of these are at 15.1. My major issue with this is that on my iPad, the music will start playing when I connect my BlueTooth and I do not play music from my iPad, only watching videos or shows.

I am also looking to turn off autoplay.

Nov 23, 2021 12:08 PM in response to BlueMusic04

Hi there BlueMusic04,

We understand your music is autoplaying when your iPhone is connected via Bluetooth.

It may be expected for music to begin to autoplay when connected to a Bluetooth or USB accessory.

While there isn't a way to disable this on iOS, you can reach out to your stereo manufacturer to check for any options on their end.

You can also submit feedback regarding this here: Product Feedback

Regards.

Nov 23, 2021 4:01 PM in response to Erica_S1

Music is not expected to play if AutoPlay is turned off, yet for some reason the icon in Music for iPhone (iOS 14.8) does not display the autoplay (infinity sign) icon so I can't turn it on or off. I have several BT devices that will play audio yet only certain ones start playing when the iPhone is close enough to pair. I shouldn't have to turn off BT or remove the Music app to stop this from happening.

stop autoplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.