Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a lot of Information in my notes folder and somehow it disappeared can I retrieve that somehow?

I was entering info into my’notes’ folder on my home screen when suddenly everything that was in there was gone!! Please helpppp

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 8:35 PM

If you have a Time Machine backup, then you can connect the TM backup drive, click "Enter Time Machine" in the TM menu bar icon, and navigate to the desktop folder where the notes were and restore them.

Restore items backed up with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support

iCloud is not a backup solution. It's a way to sync and share files and folders between multiple computers and iPhones & iPads.

If you use iCloud Drive, you may find your notes folder (and other desktop files and folders) are resident on your iCloud Drive.

Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2021 8:35 PM in response to Lostinnotes314

If you have a Time Machine backup, then you can connect the TM backup drive, click "Enter Time Machine" in the TM menu bar icon, and navigate to the desktop folder where the notes were and restore them.

Restore items backed up with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support

iCloud is not a backup solution. It's a way to sync and share files and folders between multiple computers and iPhones & iPads.

If you use iCloud Drive, you may find your notes folder (and other desktop files and folders) are resident on your iCloud Drive.

Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

I have a lot of Information in my notes folder and somehow it disappeared can I retrieve that somehow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.