Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy the Apple Care + from the United States, would I be able to make use of it in India?

I just bought the iPhone 13 Pro Max and I'm planning to buy apple care but I'm not sure if that'd work in India. Any suggestions?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 7:34 PM

It might except if you take a USA iPhone to India you may find you cannot get it repaired at all because Apple restricts mobile device repair to the original country of service.

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/iphone-english.html

Note this statement from the iPhone and iPad warranty:

"IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device."

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2021 7:34 PM in response to gauravv24

It might except if you take a USA iPhone to India you may find you cannot get it repaired at all because Apple restricts mobile device repair to the original country of service.

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/iphone-english.html

Note this statement from the iPhone and iPad warranty:

"IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device."

Nov 23, 2021 8:50 AM in response to gauravv24

The bottom line is that in effect you cannot actually get a phone you buy in the USA repaired in another country even if you do have Applecare on it. Apple often just replaces an entire device with an identical refurbished unit instead of repairing it and there aren't any replacement USA model iPhones in the Indian Apple repair places. AppleCare extends the warranty and the warranty says Apple "may" (read that also essentially almost always" refuse service in another country. If you want to get the iPhone repaired, you have to get it done in the USA.

If I buy the Apple Care + from the United States, would I be able to make use of it in India?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.